CAMPUS SPACE UTILIZATION METRICS
Evaluate campus space utilization at your rec center, student union, library, dining hall, and other campus facilities using SenSource’s people counting technology.
• Justify funding and realize expansion or renovation needs based on true facility usage
• SafeSpace real-time occupancy to help control crowd sizes
Why Universities Monitor Campus Space Utilization
Visitor foot traffic data
• Monitor peak and non-peak foot traffic times – hourly, daily, weekly, etc.
• Report facility usage to justify funding requests
• Optimize staff and scheduled events based on traffic forecasting
Usage of meeting rooms and spaces
• Determine most and least used areas of campus buildings
• Justify the need for expansion or renovation
• Adjust signage, vendors, lounges and layout based on traffic patterns
Real-time capacity solution
• Abide by COVID-19 occupancy regulations
• Inform visitors of current occupancy levels and whether they can enter or wait
• Report historical compliance of occupancy regulations
Featured Case Study
“Very quickly we started discovering a world of things that were different from our assumptions. For one, how many folks were visiting our facility on a daily, weekly, annual basis. It’s far more than we ever imagined, which is great and helps us advocate for those dollars because we’re impacting a lot of folks throughout the year.”
– Jeremiah Johnson, Director of Hill Center at UAB
A Few of Our University Customers:
Let’s Get Started!
Gather definitive data to make strategic decisions for your university. Complete the form below to schedule a web demonstration to see the features in action or receive a price estimate.
We proudly serve universities across North America and are active members of ACUI (Association of College Unions International).