CAMPUS SPACE UTILIZATION METRICS
Evaluate campus space utilization at your rec center, student union, library, dining hall, and other campus facilities using SenSource’s people counting technology.
• Justify funding and realize expansion or renovation needs based on true facility usage
• SafeSpace real-time occupancy to help control crowd sizes
Why Universities Monitor Campus Space Utilization
Visitor foot traffic data
• Monitor peak and non-peak foot traffic times – hourly, daily, weekly, etc.
• Report facility usage to justify funding requests
• Optimize staff and scheduled events based on traffic forecasting
Usage of meeting rooms and spaces
• Determine most and least used areas of campus buildings
• Justify the need for expansion or renovation
• Adjust signage, vendors, lounges and layout based on traffic patterns
Real-time capacity solution
• Abide by COVID-19 occupancy regulations
• Inform visitors of current occupancy levels and whether they can enter or wait
• Report historical compliance of occupancy regulations
Featured Case Study
“Very quickly we started discovering a world of things that were different from our assumptions. For one, how many folks were visiting our facility on a daily, weekly, annual basis. It’s far more than we ever imagined, which is great and helps us advocate for those dollars because we’re impacting a lot of folks throughout the year.”
– Jeremiah Johnson, Director of Hill Center at UAB
A Few of Our University Customers:
Let’s Get Started!
Gather definitive data to make strategic decisions for your university. Complete the form below to schedule a web demonstration to see the features in action or receive a price estimate.
We proudly serve universities across North America and are active members of ACUI (Association of College Unions International) and NACUFS (The National Association of College and University Food Services).